How we use your personal information
Cyclops Excess, a trading division of Cyclops Electronics Ltd, is committed to protecting your personal information. This includes, but is not limited to, what you tell us about yourself; what we learn by having you as a customer, and the choices you decide regarding the types of marketing that you would like to receive.
This notice informs you about your privacy rights and how the law currently protects you under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (DPA). It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.Our Privacy Commitment
Contacting us about data privacy
- To keep your data safe, secure and private
- Not to sell, rent or lease customer data to third parties
- To provide you with ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time
If you have any queries regarding the details covered in this policy, or wish to review, edit or delete the information that we hold, then you can contact us through the contact details found at the bottom of this page.How the law protects you
The Data Protection law states that we can only use personal information if we have a legitimate reason to do so. The lawful basis for processing personal data (as set out in Article 6 of the GDPR) are defined as being:
The information we collect
- Consent: You will have previously given clear consent for us to process your data for a specific purpose.
- Contract: The processing of personal information is necessary to undertake the fulfilment of a contract.
- Legal Obligation: We must process personal information in order to comply with any current (or future) legislation.
- Vital Interests: Where the processing of data would be used to protect a person’s life.
- Public Tasks: When the processing of information is necessary to perform a task that would be in the public interest, or for our official functions. Any such task will need to have a clear basis in law.
- Legitimate Interest: Where we would have a legitimate business or commercial interest to use your data.
We may collect and process the following data:
- Information provided to us by completing any form on or by interacting with our website (www.cyclopsxs.com). This may include, but is not limited to:
- Name and company name
- Contact details, such as email address and telephone number
- Location information, including IP address and geographical location
- Details of any previous quotations provided to you
- Details of any previous orders placed by yourself
If you contact us through our website in any manner, we may keep a record of or transcript of that correspondence.
Additionally, we occasionally ask our customer’s to complete surveys that we use for research purposes and to adhere to our ISO 9001 accreditation. We will record and store that data.Website registration information
You do not have to register to use this site.Marketing activities
We regularly send out email communications to our customers and consenting interested parties. These can include company updates and statements, promotions, industry and market news, and information that we deem as being relevant to you and the business(es) that you represent.
However, please note that we may still need to contact you via email regarding any transactional or contractual matters. For example, this could be in relation to any ongoing enquiries or any previous orders that you have placed with us.
Even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional emails, please note that we will still contact you whenever you send an enquiry to us, or make a purchase.Automated data capture and tracking
We use email monitoring services to check emails that have been sent to our customers and consenting interested parties. By doing this, we obtain information including, but not limited to:
- Whether an email has been opened or not
- Which part(s) of the email that you interacted with
We also use analytical tools to collect data about visitors to our website. This can relate to information, where available, such as:
- IP address
- Browsing behaviour whilst on our website
- Internet browser
- Geographical location
This is purely statistical data about our visitors’ browsing habits and this information is used to better tailor our website to meet the needs of our users. However, we may collect and process personal information if a user begins to enter a contract with us.Cookies
For more information about cookies and how we use them, please refer to our Cookies Policy.Data collected and processed from external organisations
We use external organisations to monitor user behaviour and collect analytical information and other data that would be beneficial for our use. These include:
- Social networks
- Online advertising platforms, such as Google Adwords
- Credit checking agencies and companies house
- Agents, suppliers, sub-contractors and advisers
- This include types of firms that helps us run our day-to-day accounts and services
- This can also refer to specialist companies who advise us on ways to develop and improve our business
- Market researchers
- Government and law enforcement agencies
Any transfer of personal data outside of the European Union will be safeguarded under our privacy procedure process.Retention period
As long as you have an active business relationship with us, we will indefinitely retain your information. If, at any point, that relationship ceases to exist, we will keep your data for up to 7 years.
The reasons we do this are:
- To respond to a question or complaint
- To study customer data as part of our own internal research
- To obey any rules and legislation that apply to us about keeping records
We may also keep data for longer than 7 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.Your rights
You can object to us keeping or using your information. This is known as the ‘right to object’.
You can also ask us to delete, remove or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’ or the ‘right to be forgotten’.
However, please be aware that there may be legal reasons as to why we need to keep or use your data. But please inform us if you think that we should not be using it.
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal data if:
- It is not accurate
- It has been used unlawfully, but you do not want us to delete it
- It is not relevant any more, but you wish us to keep it for use in legal claims
- You have asked us to stop using your data, but you are waiting for us to inform you whether we can keep on using it
We will not use your information while it is restricted.If you choose not to give us your personal information
You can choose to withhold your personal information from us, however If you decide not to give us this information, it may delay or prevent us from fulfilling our contract with you, or undertaking any activity as dictated to us by law. This could mean cancelling an order that you have with us.How to withdraw consent
You can withdraw consent at any time. Please use this form
if you wish to do so. Alternatively, you can contact us through the contact details found at the bottom of this page.
If you do opt to withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. If this is the case, we will inform you.How to update your personal data
If you believe the data that we hold to be incorrect, you can request for the details to be updated. This can be done either verbally or in writing. Any changes will be made within one calendar month.How to complain
If you are unhappy with how we are using your personal information, please do contact us.
You also have the right to go to the regulator and, if you are not happy with the outcome of a complaint, lodge an appeal. The regulator is the Information Commissioner’s Office. To report a concern, or find out more information, please visit their website
In the event of any substantial alterations, we may contact you via email so that you are able to review any changes made.Contact details
There are numerous ways that you can get in touch with us regarding your information.
Contact us directly regarding any query, complaint or request for information by emailing us on email@example.com
You can also contact us via post.
Link Business Park,